Nevada Latinos: Cruz & Rubio are Same as Trump
Rep. Dina Titus, NV Latino Voters & Activists Join National Progressive Leaders for Roundtable to Compare Senators' Voting Records with Trump’s Rhetoric on Economy, Immigration, Climate
LAS VEGAS – Ahead of the CNN Republican Presidential Primary Debate, local voters and activists will join national progressive leaders for a roundtable discussion to highlight how Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz’s voting records reflect the Republican Party’s Trump-rhetoric – and what it means for Nevada’s growing Latino and immigrant community. While Trump continues to grab headlines with his hateful anti-Latino, anti-immigrant language, the positions and records of the two Latino presidential candidates in the race are equally dangerous for Nevada communities.
Date/Time: Monday, December 14th at 12:00pm PT/ 3:00pm ET
Location: East Las Vegas Community Center, Multi-Purpose Room, (250 N. Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101)
Congresswoman Dina Titus (D-NV) will provide opening remarks for the event.
The following leaders will join the roundtable alongside Nevada Latino voters:
- Cristobal Alex [Moderator], President, Latino Victory Project
- Yvanna Cancela, Political Director, Culinary Workers Union Local 226
- Marco Hernandez, Vice President, Laborers Local 872
- Dolores Huerta, Civil Rights Leader & Board Member, People for the American Way
- Astrid Silva, Organizing Director, Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada
- Rudy Zamora, Program Director, CHISPA Nevada, League of Conservation Voters
- A dozen Nevada Latino voters and community activists
CONTACT: Kyle Tharp (865) 776-9645